- Worked as the Head of Lab Services at Jubilee CAMDARC Diagnostic Centre, an unit of Advanced Healthcare Resources India (P) Ltd. from Sep 2000 till April 2005 and continuing as Consultant Pathologist till date.
- Set-up an independent high-end Laboratory diagnostic services under the flagship Maitri Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd in a 100-bed Tertiary care Hospital – Brookefield Hospital ON ITPL Main Road in Bangalore which operationalized in December 2010.
- Worked as a Consultant Pathologist at The Apollo Clinic, Malleshwaram from December 2005 to August 2009.
- Played a major role in setting up a high-tech comprehensive diagnostic centre, Isha Diagnostics in Malleshwaram, Bangalore with Immunoassay and Molecular Diagnostic facilities started in April 2008. Presently involved as a consultant Haemato-pathologist.
- Worked as a Consultant Pathologist in Jubilee CAMDARC Diagnostic Centre, an unit of Advanced Healthcare Resources India (P) Ltd. (previously Soni Medical Resources) from September 2000 to June 2002.
- Started Maitri Diagnostics & Specialist Consultations, Bangalore as the Chief Consultant and Managing Partner in Jan 2001 which now has three branches.
- Started Histocare (Group of Laboratories), Bangalore as the Managing Partner in September 2002, which now has many client facility centres and labs.
- Worked as Consultant Pathologist in Kanva Diagnostic Services, Rajajinagar; Ragava Diagnostic & Research Centre, Jayanagar and Apollo Clinic, Malleswaram between November 2000 to March 2005.
- Worked as a Full time Pathologist in Manav Charitable Hospital, Bangalore managed by Jindal Trust from Sept.1999 till July 2000 and worked as a Consultant in the same hospital from August 2000 till December 2000.
- Working closely with Hemophilia Society of India (Karnataka Chapter), in doing Coagulation work-ups for the diagnosis and management of Hemophiliacs for the last Nine years. Presently hold the post of Executive Committee Member. We are on the way to setting up a first of its kind in Karnataka, Comprehensive
Haematology Care and Research Centre in Davangere.
As the Chief Consultant Pathologist I take care of:
- Complete management of lab activities including technicians, indent and purchase of reagents, evaluation of new kits, patient management, interaction with referring doctors and promotional activities of lab.
- Give critical inputs on Quality aspects, Business strategies and Technological upgradation.
- Haematology reporting including Bone Marrow, Coagulation and Haemolytic work-ups.
- Histopathology reporting especially Oncology cases.
- Performing FNACs and Cytopathology reporting including CT & US – guided Biopsies and Aspirations.
- Authorising Routine Clinical Pathology and Serology reports.
- Training Front office and Marketing staff on various aspects of clinical laboratory functioning.
- 26th Rank in the Karnataka State SSLC Board exams, 1986.
- Best Outgoing Student award in the school in 1986.
- 35th Rank in the State P.U.C. Board exams, 1988.
- Awarded scholarship under the National Scholarship Scheme, India Govt. for 1986-88.
- Thesis on Clinico-Haematological study (108 cases) of Leukaemias done as a part of M.D. Pathology declared the Best thesis of the term.
- At Jubilee CAMDARC, I have contributed to create a name for the center amongst the top referral labs as far as the Haematology, Histopathology and Cytology reports are concerned.
- We are attached to Curie Centre of Oncology and thus get a chance to do fair amount of Oncology work.
- Participated in atleast three International and four National Clinical Trial studies, the present one being the JMEN NSCLC Study (Eli Lily).
- At Maitri Diagnostics & Histocare, I have set up an automated laboratory, starting from the scratch, which is in a position to perform most of the tests expected from a clinical laboratory including Histopathology and Cytology.
- Underwent training of College of American Pathologists’ (CAP) Laboratory Accreditation program.
- Was invited in November 2008 to Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit USA as a part of international twinning program and also participated in the 60th National Hemophilia Conference at Denver, Colorado and also visited many Hemophilia & Hematology centers in the Middle east and US.
- Chief Co-ordinator for the Hemophilia twinning program between Hemophilia Society, Davangere and Alder Hay Hospital, Liverpool, UK.
- MB BS: From Government Medical College, Bellary affiliated to Gulbarga University. Secured seat in general merit group through state level common entrance test held 1n 1988. Obtained degree in 1994.
- MD [Pathology]: From J.J.M. Medical College, Davangere affiliated to Kuvempu University. Secured seat in general merit through state level P.G. entrance held in 1995. Obtained degree in 1998.
- Diploma in Computer Applications.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Onco-Pathology – reported Oncology cases, Histo-Cytopath and Bone Marrow Aspirations & Biopsies, for Curie Centre of Oncology and other centres in Bangalore. Was the Protocol Pathologist in many National and International Clinical Oncology trials like Eli-Lily’s Gemcitabine and Pemetrexed trials.
- Clinical trials & other Research activities – Participated in many National and International Clinical trials. Co-authored a research grant application from Bayer for a PCR based diagnostic assay for Factor VIII & IX. Collaborating with an upcoming Biotech company, Polyclone Bioservices Pvt Ltd. for developing Microarrays & DNA chips for Breast cancer and Leukaemias.
- Haematology– Associated with Hemophilia Society for doing Coagulation work ups and did independent reporting of Haematology cases specially Hemolytic Aanaemias and Leukaemias. I am in the process in setting up a state-of-the-art Haematology Diagnostic unit in a private set-up.
- Alternative Medicines – Scientific Director of Prajna Institute of Yogic & Allied Sciences (PIYAS), involved in promotion and research activities in the field of Yoga, Naturopathy and Stress management, with its corporate office in New Delhi and branches in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai etc., Presently doing MD in Alternative Medicines.
- Hemophilia – involved with Karnataka Hemophilia Society, Davangere since1995 inspired by Dr Suresh Hanagavadi. Presently an Executive Committee Member ofKHS. Have been involved in various projects of KHS for the cause of Hemophilia.
- Thesis topic for M.D. degree was Clinico-Haematological Study of Leukaemias (A study of 108 cases) which was declared the best dissertation of the year.
- Presented Seminars on various topics – Leukaemias, Disorders of Iron metabolism, Patho-physiology of HIV etc.,
- Presentations made at various fora :
- Role of Laboratory in General Practice – GPs of Bangalore city.
- Systemic Rheumatic Diseases – Davangere Medical Alumni Association.
- Pathology–The final diagnosis – Bangalore Oncology Group (A presentation of Ten Rare and Interesting Cases).
- Present trends in Laboratory Medicine – Society of Integrated Medicine Practitioners.
- Guest lectures in Ortho-meet & Neuro-meet in Jubilee.
- Lectures at Yoga & Naturopathy seminars and meets .
- Conducted CME on ‘The Role of Laboratory Medicine in Modern Practice’ on July 1st, Doctor’s day organized by The Apollo Clinic, Malleshwaram.
- Presented a hour long Live phone-in program on Udaya TV channel on Cancer – its causes, diagnosis, treatment and other aspects on 3rd August 2007.
Date of Birth : 15.05.1970
Father’s Name : Hasthimal Balar
Mother’s Name : Saraswathi Devi
Marital Status : Married
Spouse : Dr. Neetu Jain, M.A.(Sans), M.A.(Phil), N.D., M.D.(A.M.), (PhD) Working
for the last Twenty years in the field of Yoga and Naturopathy. Presently running
her own institute in Bangalore.
Languages known: English, Hindi, Kannada and Rajasthani
Address for Correspondence:
#95, First Floor, Sri Gnaneswari Apartments, First Main Road,
Chamarajapet, Bangalore–560 018.
Ph: 91-80-22425306; Mobile : 99451 99997
E-mail : email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org