NATUROPATH & YOGA CONSULTANT
- Conducting regular Yoga and Naturopathy training and disease management classes at ‘Prajna Yoga and Naturopathy Centre’, a private holistic health centre in Bangalore and also at various places in India and abroad.
- Actively involved in various academic activities including some ongoing research programs in the field of Naturopathy & Yoga.
- Founder member of PIYAS – Prajna Institute of Yogic and Allied Sciences, New Delhi, which,conducts ‘UTSAV’ courses, for awakening of ‘inner potential’ and experiencing ‘joy of conscious living’.
- Associated with ‘Yoga Health & Body Fitness Center’, Dubai, UAE for a period ofone year From Oct.1994 to Oct. 1995 as a Clinical Naturopath & Yoga therapist regarding Health and Hygiene (Visiting Instructor).
- Worked in the capacity of a Third secretary as a Yoga teacher in the Indira Gandhi Centre forIndian Culture (IGCIC), Quatre Bornes, Mauritius, sent on deputation by Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), a wing of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India for a period of three years from June 1996 to June 1999.
- Imparted Yoga training and Hygiene consultation to individuals and groups of people as a Freelancerin Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore.
- Participated as a Demonstrator in Ten episode serial entitled “Yoga Sadhana” produced by JAIN SATELLITE Television during 1993, aired in about 75 countries around the world.
- Part of the Team that imparted training in Yoga to various senior teachers and principlals of schools from over 20 States of India sponsored by (Central Govt.) The Cultural Resources and Training Centre, New Delhi.
- Participated as a Demonstrator in an One day programme during Oct. 1994 telecast by Delhi Doordarshan.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Food awareness’ for Yoga teachers of all Kendriya Vidyalaya, Delhi in 1994.
- Conducted intensive courses in Yoga Philosophy and Practice for Executives / Officers organised by, Director of E.S.I.C., Maharashtra at Bombay.
- Bihar School of Yoga’s ‘Gyan Darshan Yogashram’ at Bhilai in Madhya Pradesh.
- Yoga Sadhana Kendra at Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
- Rotary Club at Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
- Honorary Instructor at “Bhartiya Yoga Sansthan”, Delhi and “Yoga Aur Manav Seva Sansthan”, New Delhi.
- Treated many Psychosomatic and Physical ailments like Hypertension, Diabetes, Constipation, Gastric problems, Asthma, Tonsillitis, Pneumonia, Jaundice, Typhoid, Sciatica, Spondylitis, Arthritis and other back pains with the help of Pancha bhutas i.e. five elements, in people of all age groups from new born babies to 70 years old.
- Conducted UTSAV camp from 9th Jan. to 16th Jan 2000 at Chennai organised by Shree Tamilnad JainMahamandal (Regd.) and attended by around 325 people of all age groups.
- Conducted UTSAV camp from 15th to 20th March 2000 at Madurai organised by Shree Madurai JainNavYuvak Mandal and attended by around 85 people.
- Delivered an introductory lecture on UTSAV to a select audience on 25th April 2000 at Agas Ashram,Agas, Gujarat.
- Delivered an introductory talk on UTSAV programme, which was organised by Jain NavYuvak Mandal, Chamarajpet, Bangalore and attended by about 100 people, on 28th May 2000.
- Conducted UTSAV program from 14th to 18th June 2000 at Chennai organised by Shree Tamilnad Jain Mahamandal (Regd.) and attended by 170 ladies and gentlemen.
- Conducted UTSAV program from 3rd July to 9th July 2000 at Bangalore organised by Jain Prarthna Mandal, Chamarajpet, Bangalore which was attended by about 160 people.
- Conducted a three day UTSAV residential camp in Dharamshi resorts in Nelamangala near Bangaloreattended by a select group of 30 people.
- Condcuted week long Nature Cure residential camps in Lonavala, Surat and Ahmedabad.
- Conducted Yoga and naturopathy training at the Nature camp, Spoorthi for persons with hemophilia conducted by Karnataka Hemophilia Society in Koolgi, Dandeli near Hubli from 9th to 12th November 2005.
- Conducted Intensive Introductory Stress Management programs for various corporate organizationslike IBM, HDFC, Airtel, Tata Consultancy Services and officials of NMDC, CBI, India International Centre at New Delhi.
- Conducted a week long Corporate Stress Management Program, for senior CBI officials, in which various Yoga and Naturopathy practices were taught at Shastri Bhawan, Chennai from 11th Sept to16th Sept, 2006. The programs were covered by various media which included Sun TV, Jaya TV, ANI, Rajasthan Patrika, Indian Express, The Hindu, Malayam Manorama, Deccan Chronicle etc.,
- Conducted a 2 days Stress Management Program for the executive staff members of Day’s Inn Deccan plaza, Roypettah, Chennai.
- An interview with a short docu-program on the Prajna Yoga & Naturopathy centre and its activities was aired on Zee Kannada channel in the serial Sneha Snehatiyarige (a program documenting women achievers) on 28th December 2006.
- 30 serials on Yoga & Naturopathy under the banner of Prajna Institute of Yoga and Allied Sciences (PIYAS) hosted by Girish Jha and Neetu Jain were aired on the international channel, MAA Tv in UK, Germany and other European countries in 2006-07.
- Conducted an introductory Yoga and Stress management program titled “An Introduction for healthy disease-free living” for the members and spouses of Rajasthan Cosmo Club at KSCA, Bangalore on 6th May 2007.
- Conducted three day Yoga and Nature Cure camp for the members and families of Swadhayaya Sangh at Jain International Residential School (JIRS), Kanakapura Road, Bangalore for three years in a row.
- Conducted an introductory Yoga and Stress management program titled “UTSAV-E” of PIYAS for the Executive staff members of Caterpilllar Logistics, EPIP Area, Whitefield, Bangalore at their premises on 30th August 2007.
- Conducted an introductory Yoga and Stress management program titled “UTSAV-E” of PIYAS for the Executive staff members of L & T Infotech, EPIP Area, Whitefield, Bangalore at their premises on 31st October 2007.
- Participated in the ‘National Workshop on Role of Yoga & Naturopathy in Geriatric care’ conducted from 11th to 13th December 2008 by Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (Dept. Of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India).
- Presented a paper on ‘Assessment of use of Yoga & Naturopathy for Management of Pain in Hemophilia’ at the National Conference on Naturopathy and Yoga – Recent Research trends conducted by Jindal Naturecure Institute at Bangalore on 17th & 18th January 2009.
- Conducted an exclusive Yoga session for wives of Ambassadors of more than 20 countries based in Korea with impressive response and feedback. Also conducted a special Yoga & Stress management program in Seoul Club for exclusively invited guests.
- Conducted Yoga camp for about 50 Children with Hemophilia from Karnataka Hemophilia Society at Muppane Forest Camp for 4 days in May 2014 to improve mobility and pain management.
- Was part of the ‘Twin of the Year’ Award winning Team as a Yoga and Naturopath expert given to Liverpool (UK) – Davangere (India) Hemophilia Treatment Centre at the World Hemophilia Congress held between 11th– 15th May 2014 at Melbourne, Australia.
- Was awarded the Doctoral degree (PhD) at the 157th Annual Convocation of University of Madras held on 31st Oct 2014 at Chennai after completing her PhD program in Public Affairs – Philosophy (inter-disciplinary) from University of Madras in 2014 with ‘Role of Food in Yoga and Naturopathy Management of Chinronic Dieasses’ as the thesis topic.
- BA : From Jaipur University
- MA [Sanskrit]: From Rajasthan University during the period 1986-1988
- MA [Philosophy]: From the University of Madras during the period 1988-1990.
- Diploma in YOGA & NATUROPATHY: From Chandra College for Yoga & Naturopathy (Aided by
- CCRYN, MoH&FW), East of Kailash New Delhi in 1993-1994.
- D. in Alternative Medicines from Institute of Alternative Medicines and Research (IAMR), Calcutta affiliated with Medicina Alternativa under WHO.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) from the University of Madras in 2014 for her work on the ‘Role of Food in Yoga and Naturopathy in Management of Chronic Diseases’ as the thesis topic.
Art of Living – Basic and Advanced courses (Teacher’s Training Course)
Reiki course – II level
Short term programs and courses on Yoga, Meditation, Naturopathy and other related fields.
Date of Birth : 04.12.1969
Father’s Name : Shri Sardarmal Jain
Mother’s Name : Smt. Suraj Bai
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Spouse’s Name & Qualification : Dr. Mahendra Kumar, MBBS, M.D, Working for the last Fifteen years
as a Consultant Pathologist and Haematologist in Bangalore. Also runs diagnostic centers of his own.
Address for Correspondence:
Prajna Yoga and Naturopathy Centre
#20/63, 5th Cross, Bull Temple Road,
N R Colony, Bangalore – 560019
Ph: 91-80-26602246 Mobile: +91 94480 51306
#95, Sri Jnaneswari Apartments, First Main Road,
Chamarajpet, Bangalore – 560018
Ph: 91-80-22425306 Mobile: +91 99451 99997
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com